E5. Carpenter Gala
Thank you! Room Parents are crucial to the success of the Carpenter Gala. The Gala goal is to raise significant funds for our children's enrichment programs. This year’s Gala is scheduled for May 6, 2016.
Room Parent responsibilities include:
1. PURCHASE TEACHER/AIDE GALA TICKET(S)
- The monies to cover the cost of sending your teacher and a guest to the Gala should be taken out of the voluntary class fund. Each year the amount of the ticket varies, but does not typically exceed $100.
- If you have an aide in your class, please consult with your fellow room parents as to purchasing a ticket for that aide.
2. PURCHASE A TEACHER TRIBUTE AD from your class thanking your teacher. This tribute page will appear in the event program distributed at the Gala. The money for the AD should come out of the class fund.
3. PROVIDE SILENT AUCTION CLASS ITEMS:
- A class basket– This should be inclusive of all students. For suggestions please feel free to contact the Gala Chair (info TBD).
- A class art project – This should be inclusive of all students. For suggestions please feel free to contact the Gala Chair (info. TBD). The money for this project is taken from the class fund.
- Please mind the deadline. Class gifts will not be accepted after the deadline, which will be given at the Room Parent Gala Meeting.
4. DISTRIBUTE and COLLECT MONEY for Gala Raffle Tickets.
- Specific details about the raffle will be discussed with the Room Parents closer to the event. Please keep these activities in mind as you are dividing up your Room Parents’ duties.